- All Gaskell custom-built left handed guitars and bass guitars are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the guitar. The lifetime period is fifty (50) years.
- This warranty is extended to the original retail purchaser only and may not be transferred or assigned to subsequent owners. Your warranty is automatically validated and recorded by us after your guitar has been built. There is no need to fill out a “warranty card.”
- Gaskell instruments are made on our premises at our Sydney workshop using the highest quality materials and components, engineering skill and precision. If correctly cared for and maintained it is expected your Gaskell instrument will retain its excellence for more than 50 years. Standard warranty limitations are as follows:
- Defects caused by wear and tear, misuse, neglect, alteration or modification are not covered by this warranty. Gaskell Custom Left Handed Guitars retains the right to make such a determination on the basis of inspection, whether by physical inspection or through photographic evidence. In all cases, detailed information is required in order to make an informed and accurate assessment.
- When a return of the product is required as part of the warranty process, all initial transportation, insurance and freight/courier charges associated with the sending of the instrument to Gaskell custom shop in Australia are the responsibilities of the purchaser. Gaskell Custom Left Handed Guitars assumes no liabilities for damages incurred in transit to or from our workshop for deliveries that have been sent uninsured. We are happy to advise and recommend methods of transportation for your instrument but will not be held accountable for any damage occurring during transport on the basis of having given this advice.
- On arrival at the Gaskell workshop a determination will be made whether the defect is covered under the terms of the warranty. If the repair is covered under the terms of the warranty, it will be repaired at no cost to the original purchaser including return shipping or delivery. If the repair is not covered under warranty, an estimate of the cost of the repair will be given to the original purchaser. Return transportation costs of the instrument to the original purchaser in these circumstances is payable by the original purchaser.
- NOTE: For international customers, if the repair is minor, or the customer prefers it, we may organize to have your guitar sent to the closest reputable custom shop or luthier in your town, city, state or province in the event of a warranty repair being necessitated. We will organize all required repairs directly with the luthier/custom shop to full completion. If the repair is covered under the terms of the warranty, it will be repaired at no cost to the original purchaser including local return shipping or delivery. If the repair is not covered under warranty, an estimate of the cost of the repair will be given to the original purchaser to have the repair done locally. Transportation costs from the local repairer to the original purchaser in these circumstances is payable by the original purchaser. If a return is required, returns will be expedited as per our RETURNS POLICY.
- IMPORTANT. Gaskell Custom Left Handed Guitars uses third party components in every guitar build and each manufacturer may have their own warranty conditions. It may be required to consult with the third party as part of any resolution. Some of these third parties are EMG Pickups, DiMarzio, Gotoh, Hipshot, Floyd Rose, Graph Tech, Schaller, Seymour Duncan, Sperzel, Switchcraft, TonePros, etc.
This Warranty does not cover:
1. Any instrument that has been damaged by the owner directly or indirectly. A fee will be charged if the repair is to be done at the Gaskell custom shop.
2. Any attempted fixes, whether successful or unsuccessful, made by the customer or by an agent of the customer including services offered by musical instrument stores or independent luthiers without advance permission or specific instructions from Gaskell Guitars first.
3. Transportation/shipping damage of any kind on uninsured deliveries. This will have been discussed and agreed upon prior to sending.
4. Any cosmetic or functional damage to the case or gig bag. Warranty does not apply to guitar cases or gig bags.
5. Normal wear and tear to serviceable parts. Specifically: fret wear, saddle wear, nut wear, strings, jacks, controls, switches, plated surfaces, machine heads, and pick guards.
6. Damage to finishes, cracks, splitting, or warping of wood caused by extreme temperatures or humidity, exposure to or contact with sun, fire, moisture, body salts and acids of perspiration, guitar straps, guitar stands/hangers made from vinyl, plastic, rubber or other synthetic materials, or any other chemicals or non-Gaskell approved polishes as per our Care & Maintenance Of Your Guitar information. Maintenance and care issues are the responsibility of the end user.
7. Any damage to an instrument resulting from self-customization or modification.
8. Any subjective issues such as “tone.” This is a personal issue. If the sound of your finished instrument is not quite what you envisioned then you may simply need to try different pickups in order to satisfy your tone goal. This is a project for the end user and we are more than happy to assist by advising on alternatives and installing as many different pickups as required to help the user achieve their goal. These services are charged at normal installation service rates.
9. Claims by or from anyone other than the original purchaser.
10. Concerns or criticisms regarding any presence of tiny “dust” particles, whether real or imagined, present in or under the finish of all gloss black and gloss white coloured guitars. This is due to the nature of these colours which by their nature may show up tiny, microscopic imperfections, or variations in grain, lacquer or finish which are otherwise imperceptible on guitars of any other solid colour. This phenomenon occurs on all black gloss and white gloss guitars no matter who makes them and no matter what the cost. This is the inherent liability of having a gloss black or gloss white guitar. Gaskell takes extra effort, at no extra cost, in painting these colour guitars correctly to minimize the possibilities of this occurring.
11. The cost of routine setup not done by Gaskell Guitars subsequent to the original setup that was done when the guitar was built. Every new guitar should be fully serviced at least once every 12 months and once every 6 months for very regular playing.
12. Any and all charges including return courier/freight if no problems are found at the time of repair/inspection.
Gaskell Custom Left Handed Guitars shall not be liable for any special, indirect consequential, incidental or other similar perceived or real damage(s) suffered by the purchaser or any third party, including without limitation, damages for loss or profits or business or damages resulting from use or performance of the instrument even if Gaskell Guitars or its authorized representative has been advised of such damages. And Gaskell Guitars shall not be liable for any expenses, claims or suits arising out of or relating to any of the foregoing.
Copyright © 2009-2016 Gaskell Custom Left Handed Guitars. All rights reserved. Latest revision 08/06/16